MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
Okay girls I'm thinking about getting ONE more. Hehe. I'm bad. But its between Love Thing or Gleeful. Which one shall I get????

GLEEFUL! (But I seem to be the only one who loves gleeful.) I'm NC30, it's gorgeous.
smiles.gif

Or Love Joy! I could post up a pick of that on me if you want.
smiles.gif

stv578

FINALLY tried Pleasantry today, one of the first I bought, and one of the last to try! It did not disappoint! I think this may be my favourite pink ever! It doesn't have too much blue, it the perfect depth and so glowy! I know comparisons have been made to other pinks such as Sweetness BPB and Fashion Frenzy, but honestly I don't find this like those. I was able to apply it with a regular blush brush and I cannot do that with the others mentioned, so this is definitely a lot softer.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
FINALLY tried Pleasantry today, one of the first I bought, and one of the last to try! It did not disappoint! I think this may be my favourite pink ever! It doesn't have too much blue, it the perfect depth and so glowy! I know comparisons have been made to other pinks such as Sweetness BPB and Fashion Frenzy, but honestly I don't find this like those. I was able to apply it with a regular blush brush and I cannot do that with the others mentioned, so this is definitely a lot softer.

iagree.gif
I didn't think it compared to Sweetness or FF either. Its such a soft pretty pink. I bet it looks lovely on you
winks.gif

AudreyNicole

I got Merrily today!
yahoo.gif
I had to go to my freestanding store since my counter at Nordies was sold out... They were already out of Merrily, Dainty, Gleeful and one other one already! I have decided that I need all of these blushes. I swatched them all again today, and just adore them. They are the perfect formulation - not too matte, not too glittery, long wearing, and amazing colors. These are the best thing MAC has come out with in a long time IMO. Can you tell I am in love?
lol.gif

coachkitten

Audrey I can't remember if you got Love Thing or not yet. I am really eye that one but I was wondering if you think it is worth it for NW15 skin? TIA!
smiles.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Audrey I can't remember if you got Love Thing or not yet. I am really eye that one but I was wondering if you think it is worth it for NW15 skin? TIA!
smiles.gif

OMG YES! I got Love Thing and it is my favorite one! It looks SO pretty on - a true raspberry pink. If I had to pick only one from this collection (yeah right!!), I'd pick Love Thing
yes.gif
Hurry up girl! Go get it, so you can love it with me!
winks.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Audrey, what do you think of Gleeful?

Ya know, under the wonky Nordstrom lighting, it looks like a lighter version of Merrily. But today, I swatched in on my hand and walked out into the mall under direct sunlight, and they are pretty different. I was going to pass on this one, since I now have Merrily, but it definately different. I think it will be the next one I get (I am getting these one at a time). Merrily is more of a coral with red tones, and Gleeful is a rosey pink with no coral or orange tones at all. I am hoping the get Gleeful when I get my Starflash stuff (if I get anything). If I pass on Starflash, I will get the rest of the blushes.
yahoo.gif

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
OMG YES! I got Love Thing and it is my favorite one! It looks SO pretty on - a true raspberry pink. If I had to pick only one from this collection (yeah right!!), I'd pick Love Thing
yes.gif
winks.gif

Alright I'm sold!
smiles.gif
I will pick it up when I go to Nordstrom tomorrow. I just hope that they still have it!

rbella

Dear Lord! I just came back form Nordies and it was a freakin' madhouse. The only Sonic Chic they had left were Nuance, Warm Soul and Love Joy. And for some reason, the only MES they were sold out of was Polar Opposites. Are you kidding me?

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
Dear Lord! I just came back form Nordies and it was a freakin' madhouse. The only Sonic Chic they had left were Nuance, Warm Soul and Love Joy. And for some reason, the only MES they were sold out of was Polar Opposites. Are you kidding me?

Goodness, I know! I could not believe my Nordies today! It was HORRIBLE! Mine was out of 4 of the blushes, and still was fully stocked with everything from Electroflash. Honestly, I was kind of relieved that they were sold out of the blush I wanted, cause I didn't want to stand in the mile long line to pay for it! I went upstairs to the freestanding, and it was MUCH quieter
lol.gif

rbella

I wish I would have done that. People were running around like the world was coming to an end. All just to save a couple bucks on a belt or shoes. It really freaked me out. I've never seen so many men shopping! The men's jeans section was PACKED!! Also, handbags were on the floor, shoes were all in disarray, scarves were sitting in bunches on counters, jewelry was tangled, aaarrrgghhh!!!! Being the neat freak that I am, I was close to having a severe meltdown!!!!! I swear I thought about tidying up while I was there....

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
yes.gif
winks.gif

This is the only one now that I haven't tried. I'll really have to try it on tomorrow!

Winthrop44, Gleeful is really pretty on but requires a light application. It was actually the first one I tried and the reason I now own 7 of these!

elegant-one

Quote:
I wish I would have done that. People were running around like the world was coming to an end. All just to save a couple bucks on a belt or shoes. It really freaked me out. I've never seen so many men shopping! The men's jeans section was PACKED!! Also, handbags were on the floor, shoes were all in disarray, scarves were sitting in bunches on counters, jewelry was tangled, aaarrrgghhh!!!! Being the neat freak that I am, I was close to having a severe meltdown!!!!! I swear I thought about tidying up while I was there....

th_MadWithShortFuse.gif
I can't handle that either
bangin.gif
. Thats hilarious about the men's jeans section being so busy
th_dunno.gif

What do you think of Pop Circle ls? I think they're so incredibly creamy soft on

rbella

OMG!! I love Pop Circle! I think it might be up there with my Fast Thrill. I am a pink lippie maniac and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one!!!!! You're so right about the texture. It is much creamier than any other lippie I own. I bet it's that sneaky little inner core....

elegant-one

Quote:
OMG!! I love Pop Circle! I think it might be up there with my Fast Thrill. I am a pink lippie maniac and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one!!!!! You're so right about the texture. It is much creamier than any other lippie I own. I bet it's that sneaky little inner core....

Awesome! I'm right there with ya - I Love this color so much I ordered 3
cutey.gif

YAY someone else that loves pink lippies as much as me
drools.gif

I also got inner hue & naked to the core

xpucu

I got today Naked to the core and Pop Circle - they are so creamy
yahoo.gif
i love them both .I keep changing my lipstick every 15 min -Pop Circle then Naked to the core
th_LMAO.gif

damsel

i'm wearing naked to the core right now [with pleasantry
th_drool.gif
]. mmmh, i love it! gorgeous nude.

i heart all my colour forms lippies
love.gif