Pet Makeup Peeves

Skeeta

haha oh my goodness. Your sisters friends look like oompa loompa's!

When you said orange.. you meant ORANGE!

Calhoune

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
These girls are making a conscious effort to look the way they do.
Many of the "peeves" cited in this thread are (I hope) the unintentional results of carelessness.
Surely nobody goes around with mismatched foundation on purpose ...

Well they've been going around this for about an year now, so I have no idea
rofl.gif
Surely they'd tell eachother?
I remember when we were taking pictures for the year book, everyone in 9th grade came completely orange in the face, yes ORANGE, in honour of them but I don't think they took the hint lol
Sometime I just want to pat them on the shoulder:

"Excuse me, do you know you look like an satsuma?"

miss_emc

I really hate to say this about the older women out there, but my poor mother and grandmother can't see a thing when they apply their makeup and they end up with unblended foundation, blush, eyeshadow and eyeliner half way down their face. Bless them but for the love of god go get some of those glasses that you can wear to put your makeup on, in the right places!

docmaria

I know, I know, this is supposed to be a fun thread but I'm a little disturbed at some of the posts.

I truly believe that being peeved at women who choose not to wear makeup reflects badly on the person who is peeved.

Much like being peeved at women who choose not to remove their body hair, wear the latest jeans/handbag/shoes or meet whatever other ridiculous high-maintenance gender standard.

Women being critical of other women's choices and appearances is continuing to demean all of us.

A woman (beautiful or not) who chooses to not wear makeup at her own wedding sounds like she understands what a marriage is all about.

No offence to all the MUA who make their cashola from this particular line of business but I don't think it'll be a widespread trend anytime soon.

emilyjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmaria
I know, I know, this is supposed to be a fun thread but I'm a little disturbed at some of the posts.

I truly believe that being peeved at women who choose not to wear makeup reflects badly on the person who is peeved.

Much like being peeved at women who choose not to remove their body hair, wear the latest jeans/handbag/shoes or meet whatever other ridiculous high-maintenance gender standard.

Women being critical of other women's choices and appearances is continuing to demean all of us.

A woman (beautiful or not) who chooses to not wear makeup at her own wedding sounds like she understands what a marriage is all about.

No offence to all the MUA who make their cashola from this particular line of business but I don't think it'll be a widespread trend anytime soon.

That's true. I understand that. I'm not saying everyone should PILE makeup on. But, yes, I do believe that every woman should use it, even if it means just putting on a little blusher and mascara. It's a powerful tool.

Yeah, it is supposed to be fun. So please don't take anything I say here offensively or anything. But yeah...

lol. And the orange girls...
I think they've just watched one too many 'girls next door' episodes lol

Dark_Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_emc
I really hate to say this about the older women out there, but my poor mother and grandmother can't see a thing when they apply their makeup and they end up with unblended foundation, blush, eyeshadow and eyeliner half way down their face. Bless them but for the love of god go get some of those glasses that you can wear to put your makeup on, in the right places!

Well, my mom can't wear glasses when she applies so she uses an 8x magnification mirror.

THAT'S what women with bad eyesight need.
I think they go up to 15x though... but that might be kind of scary if you know what I mean.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma_Frost

THAT'S what women with bad eyesight need.
I think they go up to 15x though... but that might be kind of scary if you know what I mean.

Speaking as someone with terrible near-sightedness, I have to say that magnification isn't always helpful.
Sometimes it is rather frightening, too.
Your face, large pores, pimples, scaly patches and all, MAGNIFIED 15 times! :eek2:
If that isn't enough to wreck your self-confidence, your mother(or your therapist) deserves a blinkin' Nobel blinkin' Prize.
lol.gif

I think the best thing for a woman with less-than-perfect vision to do is to apply her makeup in good light(natural, if at all possible), use a hand-held mirror that can be held and various distances and angles from the face to check, check, and double-check, use top-quality brushes and, if at all possible, ask someone, "Does my makeup look all right?" before leaving the house.
It's not easy. I can't see as well up close with my contacts in as I can without them. Just last Sunday, I got home, removed my contacts, and realized that the liner on my left eye didn't extend all the way to the outer corner of my eye. Ironically, my "Cherry" lip liner looked eerily perfect.
hmm.gif

zaralovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
The winged eyeliner that is overdone. There's a girl that works at the CCO near me and she is a prime example. She wears nothing but these 2 huge wings on her eyes that stretches halfway up her lid. It looks awful.
I don't care for over-done or poorly done makeup. I've seen so many ladies with eyeshadow that looks like it was applied with a pond-skipping rock.

girlhaha.gif
girlhaha.gif
...the winged eyeliner thing is so true!

Ambi

People who are going away on a holiday post [not so much on this forum but elsewhere] something like "help me decide what make-up to take with me" and then post a list of their 423 eyeshadows they own and ask others to choose. If you seriously can't even decide THAT yourself I'd hate to see you ever face a real problem.

madkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
Does canary-yellow eyeshadow look good on ANYONE?
If you have ever seen someone looking healthy and attractive in yellow or lime green eyeshadow, please share that experience with the rest of us.

LMAO I wear the 2 together and it actually looks great on me
rofl.gif

Cinammonkisses

My biggest pet peeve when I'm sitting in math class. There is this girl who always comes in late. She has super pale skin, but wears bronzer, an orangy looking blush, tons of mascara that is clumping. She looks like she's Tammy Faye Bakers daughter!

I dont know to much about makeup, but I know THAT is not HOT

Cinammonkisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyjoy

Pretty girls with no makeup: I mean no make up. One of my bff's from back in the day no longer wears makeup. Like, ever. Even at her wedding. It just makes me sad when a girl like 'gives up' on looking pretty. And that's my number one pet peeve because at least the girls that do the things on my above list are trying.

Really? I'm one of those girls who doesn't wear makeup, unless I'm doing a photoshoot.

cyens

Too many colors on the eyelids. Too much its like not enought

Very contrasting colors. Like wearin gold with purple, or green with pink. (etc )

Too much mascara, spider lashes and clumps! eww

To much blush

Blush lines

Wearing colors that clashes with your skin tone

glitter on the day time

~Valerie~

My biggest pet peeve is overdone, clumpy spider lashes - it's ugly and distracting! I truly think the natural look is best with mascara, if you want to go bold then learn to use falsies instead of piling on layers of gunk.

Others:
Caked-on foundation
Mismatched foundation
Thick black eyeliner for a daytime look
Fake orange tan
Too much blush
Ultra pale lips
Dark lipliner and light lipstick

makeupgal

You girls are so hilarious! My makeup pet peeves would be the tadpole eyebrows and girls who completely stop wearing makeup because they now have a man and think they no longer need to look good...my sister is an offender of both of these. And now you can add the picture above with the girl sporting the "rainbow" shadow to my list.

pearl

Tadpole or 'Spermie' eyebrows, 'Drawn on' eyebrows, Clumpy mascara, Really pale lips.. Some people can pull it off but for the most part it looks sickly. Frosty lips, Dark lipliner and pale lipstick, Orange selftanner, Tattooed makeup, Platinum hair with dark roots/eyebrows. Arcyrilc talon nails that you purchased from the drugstore.. If you are gonna indulge in faux nails PLEASE go to a SALON!! Eyebrows that are too 'small'.. Like starting after your inner eye or ending before the end of your eye. Uhm.. Gonna stop there, feelin like an uber biotch now. *hides*

sharyn

I have a new one. Actually, two, but I am not sure if the second one counts...

1. today I saw this girl who obviously used cremeblush, the kind like MAC's paint sticks (I dont think she used such a good quality). I guess she just took that stick and drew a thick line from her nose to her ears. No blending. No contouring. Nothing. eeeeek. I wanted to sneak up behind her and attack her with my 182.

2. I just cant get over how dirty some people are. I was having lunch with my friend on a table about 10 feet away from us, this girl unpacked her sandwich and begann eating. while chewing she took out a nail file and did her nails. Over her sandwich. then she put the file down, took another bite and started filing again. Public grooming has to stop.

LaItaliana

Some of yall know you need to quit hatin... On the real its makeup and people gonna do watever they please with it. If i wanna rock brown lipliner wit nude lips an thick winged eyeliner, ima do it and rock it to tha fullest. Say it to they're face in real life if it bothers you so bad.

Its all about application so dont hate on a way to do makeup just cuz some fool looks dumb cuz they applyin it like a 3rd grader.

MACForME

1- Black eyeliner used as lipliner. WTF? UGH. My sister does this. I can't get her to stop either. Her excuse is "i've been doing it forever" Thats exactly my point! sheesh..

2- Foundation applied too heavy where it collects in the creases of the nostrils. EW! Same with the crease that some have between the chin and LIP. Note: no need to apply foundation with a spackle KNIFE.

3- Dots of concealer left unblended or better yet, tinted zit cream that is NOT matching the skin tone and unblended.. yikes.