He-Man
She-Ra
Smurfs
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Duck Tales

Music:
The Proclaimers
NKOTB
Michael Jackson's "Bad" album - shamone!
Billy Joel's Storm Front album
Aerosmith's "Dude Looks Like a Lady" and "Janie's got a Gun"
Run DMC
Technotronic

Clothes:
Air Jordans
Hyper Colour shirts
Slap Bands
Rah Rah skirts

Books:
BSC
Goosebumps
Anything Paul Jennings

Board games:
Guess Who?
Pop-o-matic Trouble
Pop-o-matic Headache

Random:
the demise of Betamax

I am sure I will remember more and more all night now. I could go on for hours!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I thought of more toys I loved when I was little (some of these are late 80's early 90's) .. I had a lot of toys as a kid.. (my grandma kind of spoiled me)

-PJ Sparkles (and her little sister)
-Cherry Merry Muffin
-Little miss Mermaid, she changed colors in warm water
-Chubbles ( I still have mine! he still "chubbles" when I turn out the lights! )
-Couch Potatos ( ugly things!)
-Dolly suprise Her hair grew when you pulled it out. and went back in when you pulled her arm up and down.
-Cupcake dolls!! they looked like hard plastic cupcakes, but popped out into a doll
-Go-Go my walking pup
-koosh balls
-Popples!!
-moon dreamer dolls
-Magic Nursery Babys-They were dolls that you put a package thing under water to get it's clothes and find out weather it was a boy or a girl, I got twins! so they sent me another in the mail for free!!!
-sweet secrets, they like.. folded up so you could wear them as a necklace..

Hilly

Glow-worm!!

Side Ponytails

Lee Press on Nails

Double Dare and all those rockin Nickolodeon Shows

Stirrup pants

permed hair

really ugly makeup haha

purrtykitty

Let's see...I remember

~Flourescent ANYTHING...Ray Bans anyone?
~Cabbage Patch Dolls
~My Little Pony
~Jelly Shoes...yeah, the toes broke after, like, 5 minutes of wearing, but that didn't stop me from wearing them!
~Side Ponytails...with enormous scrunchies that you had in every color
~Puff-paint Shirts...and when you were bored in class, you peeled the paint!
~Horrible Acid-washed jeans...SEXXXXY!
~Rolled-up jeans with like 3 layers of scrunch socks (different colors, of course) and high-tops...must.wear.every.color.of.the.rainbow...at.o nce!
~Oversized sweatshirts...(sings, "She's a maaaniac, maaaniac on the dance floor...")
~Massive mall bangs (compliments of Aquanet)
~Frosty blue, aqua, and pink makeup...ummm, ew!
~Those body-heat sensitive shirts
~TGIF - Who didn't love Full House?!
~Hair-bands...loved me some of that!
~NKOTB...need I say anymore?

Odette

You guys just about have it covered. I am sitting here laughing like crazy.

How about really wide belts in various colours.

meiming

I don't think there was one thing on there i didn't remember
yes.gif

Who else remembers when MTV briefly was shown on network tv before it moved quickly to cable tv, which seems so limited now compared to the hundreds of channels that are around now

Hilly

Do yall remember a drink or something called "Burples" or something?
Also...Giggles cookies!!!

*KT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by captodometer
parachute pants
Garbage Pail Kids

Oh lord, I had a red pair of parachute pants.

I was just reminded of Garbage Pail Kids recently (no freakin' clue why) and I asked this girl I work with if she remembered Garbage Pail Kids and she looked at me like I had two heads. This must've not been popular everywhere as she'd never heard of them before. I had a stack of those cards, my mom thought they were the worst thing ever! I seem to remember the non-sticker side of them being part of a puzzle picture if you managed to actually collect enough of them to form the picture.

Someone mentioned Debbie Gibson and made me remember "Electric Youth" perfume and how "cool" the bottle was with it's corkscrew shaped tube on the inside.

Anyone else remember wanting/getting a keyboard? And who didn't at some point end up playing the melody line from "Push It" on their keyboard? P-push it real good!

Briar

Oh, there are so many things I remember from the 80s, those were the years of my teens (I was born in 1970) so its all very memorable:

"Frankie Say Relax"
Durannies
Jelly Shoes
Big poofy bangs
Sweatshirts with the bottom and necks cut out "Flashdance" style
Legwarmers
Wearing multiple bandannas tied around one's ankles with Chuck Taylor All-Stars
Multiple bandannas tied around just about anywhere
Neon colored acid wash
Finger woven friendship bracelets
O ring bracelets (the more the merrier)
Big, poofy bubble skirts (I wore one of those in a wedding, yikes)
"Members Only" Jackets
The Rat Tail hairstyle (little piece of hair hanging off the back)
Spiral perms

And my favorite look from the 80's: Skinny leg jeans with a big button-down shirt with the neck done up, big sparkly brooch at the neck of the shirt with the collar turned up, hair with enough Aqua-net to single-handedly burn a hole in the ozone in a "new wave" style, paisley lace ankle boots and enough black o-ring bracelets to choke a horse. (Yes, I dressed like a female version of Duckie from Pretty in Pink).

jennifer.

cool, what a fun thread. i too was born in the mid 70s so i was into a lot of stuff mentioned.

i was never really a big fan of cartoons, but i do remember watching great space coaster and bozo on wgn when i'd visit my dad. he also had that atari 2600 game console thing i think? he had pong and i remember it seemed so hi-tech. haha he also had a big huge top-loading vcr. haha so many memories. anyway, here's some other stuff i really liked or remembered:

duran duran
kaepa shoes (the ones with the "K" on the side!)
different colored hi-top chucks
fingerless lace gloves
lace headbands
plastic charm necklaces
flourescent anything!
holly hobbie
metal lunchboxes
hugga bunch dolls
bubble yum doll (you'd move her arm up and down and she'd blow up a pink balloon. haha)
black & white jelly bracelets (i'd wear 100 black ones and 12 white ones on one wrist!)

there's a lot more that have already been mentioned and i'm sure i'll think of even more after this now that i've typed it out. now i'm wishing i could go back in time!

*now that i thought about it, a couple of these things were from the 70s!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I just spent all night looking for the name of this doll I had when I was little, she was like a barbie, but with a big head, I still have the doll , and All I had to go off off was "TCFC INC" written on her back..
FINALLY!
"Lady Lovely Locks!" I had a TON of lady lovely locks crap .

MxAxC-_ATTACK

haha I had a bike like that! a Pink "Huffy" it had streamers on the handlebars.. one day the seat fell off and I ate shit in the middle of the street.

Shadow

Some of the things I remember are:

huge shoulder pads
feather earings
lots & lots of bangle bracelets
Dynasty, Dallas
The Weather Girls ... It's Raining Men
Billy Idol ... Rebel Yell, Dancing With Myself, White Wedding
The Sugar Hill Gang ... Rapper's Delight
The B52's .... Rock Lobster, Private Idaho
Boy George
The Ramones
The Kinks
Poison
Bon Jovi
White Snake
Journey
Meatloaf's Paradise By The Dashboard Lights

alien21xx

Memories from the '80s:
A still-clean Manila (LOL)
Madonna
vinyl records (I love those stuff!)
Debbie Gibson
having a really bad perm at 7 years old :O
The Bangles
playing DOS games

I don't really remember all that much because I was still a kid and also had a lot of moving around to different countries so my childhood memories are a bit jumbled.

MadchenRogue

Lets not forget PACMAN candy, novelty cigarettes candy, cool Olympics stickers that came in cheetos, Jem and the Holograms, He-MAN, She-Ra, Voltron, Transformers, Gi Joe, Care Bears, MENUDO, Rubber Bracelets, Baggy Shirts with tights. When Barbie was 20$, Those funny rubber balls with freakish monster look, Punky Brewster High Tops with the coordinated 3 different colored socks to match, Trapper Keepers ( I used to have them)....My goodness those were the days.