Pet Makeup Peeves

anamarta

Well... I ahve to agree on the eyebrows and wrong shade of foundation.

But what I also hate is when they have a moustache and just bleach it... yes honey, we can still see your moustache!

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamarta
what I also hate is when they have a moustache and just bleach it... yes honey, we can still see your moustache!

Euw! I have dark hair and a few hairs of "moustache," so I'm sympathetic to women who have this problem, but you're right; just making the hair lighter doesn't make it go away.

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
Ouch...
Confession time: I love to wear the brighter/deeper blushes, like Deep Pink, Magenta, Frankly Scarlet, Dollymix, Lovecrush.
However, I use a good fluffy Mary Kay brush, apply lightly, then go over it with my enormous powder brush to blend.
It seems to work fine.
But bright, unblended "clown spots?"
Heaven forbid!

as long as it's blended.
winks.gif
i swirl my brush around in a pan of Desirous about forty thousand times before putting it on, but i always make sure to blend it really well.

this isn't really a makeup pet peeve, but i can't handle it when someone's hair colour is more than 10 shades lighter than their skin colour. darker hair is okay...but platinum blonde on someone who spends 90% of their life in a tanning bed is just strange (see Donnatella Versace) being a little darker than your hair is no big deal...but you've gotta draw the line somewhere.

Ambi

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ANTHEM
this isn't really a makeup pet peeve, but i can't handle it when someone's hair colour is more than 10 shades lighter than their skin colour. darker hair is okay...but platinum blonde on someone who spends 90% of their life in a tanning bed is just strange (see Donnatella Versace) being a little darker than your hair is no big deal...but you've gotta draw the line somewhere.

Yes! And also people who are paler than white and have black hair, warm dark brown looks great on some pale people but black almost never. A lot of Finnish people have a very pale transparent skin which means in the winter time our skin looks rather grey when it's freezing cold, black hair literally makes them look dead, not pretty.

iamlelilien

It looks so weird when someone lines their lower lashline and not the top. I know a girl who wears BLACK eyeliner underneath her eyes, and nothing on top! Half the time I don't even think she wears mascara with it!

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlelilien
It looks so weird when someone lines their lower lashline and not the top. I know a girl who wears BLACK eyeliner underneath her eyes, and nothing on top! Half the time I don't even think she wears mascara with it!

that bothers me too...there's a girl at my work who only lines her lower waterline, and she lines it with black pencil, and the wears like a shimmery baby blue eyeshadow...and a really thin coat of mascara. it's such a shame because she's so cute, if only she'd line the top of her damn eyelids! :shrug:

fancy_lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlelilien

I agree. My friend has these tiny eyes (I mean REALLY small) along with single eyelids. When she puts on eyeliner, she only lines her lower lid. After lining her lower lids, her two eyes would look like 2 straight lines. I mean the point of wearing liner is to bring out your eyes. Lining solely the lower lid will only diminish your eyes.

macslut

I saw someone at the mac counter the other day who was tanned and leathery with plantinum blonde hair. Also looking at baby pink lip glass.
ssad.gif

My pet peeve is women who wear waaaaaayyyyyyy toooooooo much makeup. I am a grad student and I sat in a class with a girl who wore way too much. We are talking black liquid liner, full nighttime eyeshadow, two coats, at least, of mascara. Lipliner, lipstick, and lipgloss. All perfect at all times.

One week, she had the flu and cut the makeup regime down to just a little eyeshadow, light blush, one coat of mascara, a little lipstick. She was absolutely stunning. She is a beautiful and is the poster child of how to ruin it with makeup!

Katura

AGH! a reallllly good friend of mine is guilty of that lovely concealer line around her jaw. She gets really tan in the summer and probably doesnt realize she gets paler as the months go on. I might be a bad friend that I don't mention it...

Over done blush. It doesnt look natural, it looks weired. tone it downnnn.

Eyebrows. I hate mine. But I'm really not afan of the whole shave them off and draw them on. it looks fake, because it is!

White eyeliner. Crazy fad when I was in middle school. I see pictures now, and it weireds me out how I thought that was cute.And when I see girls wearing nothing but that now, I have horrible flashbacks.

Lipstick...on your teeth. There are ways to avoid this, and if you cannot seem to master them, use something else. agh!

Eyeliner designs...for everyday! I saw this on campus yesterday. Lines swirling each and EVERY way out from her eyes. I was staring. Not in a good way. haha...

The I have everything on but my foundation/concealer/cover up...look. If you take the time to make everything else gorgeous, please finish it off! it would look sooo much neater!

[/end rant here] haha..im sorry I could write a book on things I see that I think are totally odd.

Katura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEET LUST *
+++ does it bother anyone else when they see a girl take out a q-tip, swirl it in their mouth, then fix their smudges at the bottom of their eyes? Eww.

I would seriously gag if I ever saw this.

puke.gif

iamlelilien

My friend's sister wears heavy concealer on her entire face. To make it worse, it's really pink on her and there's a visible line where it stops. And she wears her hair back in a tight ponytail and you can always see where she got it on the roots of her hair!

ms.marymac

This is so hard for me...I try not to find fault with other's people's makeup, because I know I was not born knowing how to make it look perfect, and I try to have the belief that people should do what makes them feel good....BUT, we all know that deep inside our heads we are thinking, "WTF?"

What drives me crazy (at the counter) is when someone brings in a makeup offender (lol) telling me "She needs to quit doing such and such!". So you sit them down and very delicately offer an alternative. They see the change and say, "It's not ______ enough!". Usually that adjective is what got them in the chair in the first place. Make sense? The two friends need to work that out themselves sometimes. I don't want to stand there and listen to them argue.

I just run into a lot of people that everyone has described and have not had much luck in trying to politely steer them in a different direction...people don't like change. :confused: I just gave up and tell them to rock on if they are happy.

macslut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katura
Eyeliner designs...for everyday! I saw this on campus yesterday. Lines swirling each and EVERY way out from her eyes. I was staring. Not in a good way. haha...

Yeah, lines swirling around their eyes...always a good look for going to class in:confused: .

I have a topper for the swirling a slobbered on qtip to fix their eye makeup. I was on the bus one day during my undergrad. I saw a guy take his contact lens out, put it in his mouth to moisten it, and then stick it back in his eye.
jawdrop.gif

Ambi

Quote:
Originally Posted by macslut
I saw a guy take his contact lens out, put it in his mouth to moisten it, and then stick it back in his eye.

Eeeeeew, he might as well have asked someone to spit him in the eye, would have saved him the trouble...

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by macslut

I have a topper for the swirling a slobbered on qtip to fix their eye makeup. I was on the bus one day during my undergrad. I saw a guy take his contact lens out, put it in his mouth to moisten it, and then stick it back in his eye.
jawdrop.gif

EUWWW!
I must say, though, that I have a friend who routinely "stores" her hard contacts in her mouth. I was appalled the first time I saw her do it, but she thinks it's perfectly fine, and she hasn't gotten an infection.
Still ...:confused:

Shimmer

ah, a new one I just realized:

wearing the same look
everyday
with different colors
without ever changing shape or pattern of application.

It's one thing to know what works and stick with it, and another to just not have variation. :/

macslut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
EUWWW!
I must say, though, that I have a friend who routinely "stores" her hard contacts in her mouth. I was appalled the first time I saw her do it, but she thinks it's perfectly fine, and she hasn't gotten an infection.
Still ...:confused:

I asked him about it. I remember my aunt rinsing her hard ones under tap water. He told me they were soft and that nothing had ever happened when he did it before. I wonder if he knows how dirty the human mouth is. Ignorance must be bliss.

Daligani

Ooooh, I saw this thread and just couldn't pass it up!
You know, I never paid much attention to people's makeup until I really started getting into makeup this past year. But, now, I'm pretty judgemental.. which may or may not be a bad thing lol

Anyway.. A couple months ago, the hubby and I came across a woman in the grocery store who was the epitome of "fashionably challenged". It was actually quite scary.. Funny as hell, but, definately a little scary.

Now, picture this..

A woman who looked to be around maybe 40-ish years old and around 5'1 (just a little shorter than me.. I'm 5'2). We smelled her long before she got near us simply because she'd apparently bathed in her perfume that morning.. I wouldn't say she was really overweight, but, definately had some slight chunkiness going on.. which is only relevant because she was wearing a skin tight white sweatsuit looking outfit with the words "sexy" across the behind in pink letters (can we say muffintop?). Her foundation, which looked as if it were slapped onto her face with a putty knife.. like spackle or something.. was WAY too dark for her skin tone. I only know this because her hands and neck were really freakin white. Frosty eyeshadow, glossy lips, waaaaaaay too heavily filled in brows, and absolutely no blush at all. Red talons for fingernails.. with black swirly designs on them. She looked stuck up as hell, too.

She obviously thought that she was "the sh*t".

Brian, the hubby, actually said out loud, "Oh.. my.. God".
I wanted to grab her and shake the hell out of her while yelling, "HONEY, WTF WERE YOU THINKING!?".

I have seen women like this before. Do they honestly and truly think they're hot?!?!? All it does is make them look like they're trying waaaaaay too hard.

lsperry

Yes, Daligani, being in the South, I see that look waaayyy too often...

This was my good laugh for the day...
lmao.gif

mbee

I HATE it when girls wear just frosty white eyeshadow all over their lids with their pale skin with no highlighting and chunky frosty pink lipstick. It can appear drowing if its not complemented correctly. Its usually accompanied by straggly limp hair and chipped nail polish.

And also, the JUST white eyeliner thing.. terrible! I feel bad for them.. Some girls just don't really know what they are doing..
:eek2: